The candidate filing period for the May 2, 2020 San Felipe Del Rio CISD School Board of Trustee Election begins on Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 8:00 a.m., according to the election calendar set by the Texas Secretary of State. The last day to file a completed application is Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Persons interested in becoming a candidate for the San Felipe Del Rio C.I.S.D. School Board may pick up a packet in the Superintendent’s office in the SFDRCISD Student Performance and Administration Building located at 315 Griner St. The candidate’s packet contains instructions, an application, and forms required for filing. The application, forms, and instructions are also available online through the SFDRCISD School Board Elections and through the Texas Secretary of State websites.
In accordance with Board Policy BBB(LOCAL), the SFDRCISD Board of Trustees are elected at-large for four-year terms, with elections held biennially. School Board elections will be held on Saturday, May 2, 2020, for the following positions:
1. Place II Currently held by Joshua D. Overfelt
2. Place VI Currently held by Diana Gonzales
3. Place VII Currently held by Amy Haynes
To be eligible for, or elected or appointed to, the office of Trustee, a person must meet the eligibility requirements identified in accordance with Board Policy BBA(LEGAL).
Additional information regarding School Board elections can be found within any of the resources listed below:
• Texas Association of School Boards - Resources for Board Candidates http://www.tasb.org/services/lts/resources/board_candidates/index.aspx
• Texas Secretary of State - Laws and Procedures Pertaining to School Districts http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/laws/schoollaws.shtml
• Voter Registration Information http://www.votetexas.gov/
• Texas Ethics Commission https://www.ethics.state.tx.us/filinginfo/localcohfrm.htm
For further information, please contact the Office of the SFDRCISD Superintendent at (830)778-4007 or visit the SFDRCISD School Board Election website.