Practice everyday preventive actions now!
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Practice social distancing, try to stay within about 6 feet of others.
• Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
• Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily (e.g. tables, countertops, light switches, doorknobs, and cabinet handles) using a regular household detergent and water.
- If surfaces are dirty, they should be cleaned using a detergent and water prior to disinfection.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for atleast 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
For more tips on how to remain healthy, please visit the CDC’s website.